A compilation of remarks by President Xi Jinping on the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) over the past five years has been published by the Central Party Literature Press.
The book contains 42 articles drawn from the speeches and public remarks made by Xi, beginning with a speech he delivered at Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan, in September 2013 calling for jointly building the Silk Road Economic Belt, and ending with the one he delivered at the opening ceremony of the 8th Ministerial Meeting of the China-Arab States Cooperation Forum in July 2018.
The book, with about 130,000 Chinese characters, was compiled by the Institute of Party History and Literature of the Communist Party of China Central Committee.
The BRI, first proposed by Xi, has received warm responses from the international community, especially the countries along the BRI routes. Jointly pursuing the BRI is becoming a Chinese solution for the country to participate in global opening-up and cooperation, improve the global economic governance, push for common development and prosperity of the world and build a community with a shared future for humanity.
The book will be available nationwide starting Tuesday.
- Xi says China-Tajikistan friendship expects "brighter futur... 2019-06-13
- Chinese, Kyrgyz presidents pledge to promote bilateral ties 2019-06-13
- Xi calls for "evergreen" China-Kyrgyzstan friendship 2019-06-12
- Xi's neighborhood diplomacy to forge closer community with ... 2019-06-11
- Xi highlights sustainable development as "golden key" to so... 2019-06-10
- Xi, Putin meet in St. Petersburg 2019-06-10