A visiting Chinese delegation has reached agreements with its Lao counterpart to promote the people-to-people exchanges during talks.
At the invitation of the Lao Committee for Peace and Solidarity, Gao Yunlong, vice chairman of the 13th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, visited Laos from Wednesday to Friday.
During his visit, Gao held working-level talks with Somphan Phengkhammy, the deputy president of Lao National Assembly and president of the Lao Committee for Peace and Solidarity.
Both sides agreed to treasure traditional friendship, to promote people-to-people communication and jointly build a community of shared future.
Gao also met the Lao People's Revolutionary Party (LPRP) politburo member and National Assembly President Pany Yathotou, LPRP politburo member and President of Lao Front for National Development Saysomphone Phomvihane, and Sounthone Xayachack, head of the Lao People's Revolutionary Party (LPRP) Central Committee's commission for external relations.
- China, Laos agree to promote people-to-people communication 2019-02-25
- BRI benefits appear in two-way tourism 2019-01-10
- Newly-opened China-Mongolia Friendship Cultural Center to b... 2018-11-21
- Malaysian envoy calls for closer people-to-people ties for ... 2018-09-25
- Cultural exchanges key to cementing China-Africa ties 2018-07-24