The fourth Silk Road International Exposition concluded Wednesday in Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province.
During the five-day expo, 65 contracts in various fields including education, medical care, modern agriculture and intelligent manufacturing were signed with a total investment of 115.1 billion yuan (about 16.7 billion U.S. dollars).
Themed "New Era, New Pattern, and New Development," the fourth Silk Road International Exposition attracted more than 2,000 Chinese enterprises and more than 200 overseas enterprises from 25 countries and regions, including Russia, the United States and Cambodia.
More than 30 activities and exhibitions were staged during the five-day event, including forums, conferences and investment and trade activities. An international forum on poverty relief was first held during the expo to contribute China's experience and efforts to the global poverty reduction.
Known in ancient times as Chang'an, Xi'an was the starting point of the ancient Silk Road and plays a key role in the Belt and Road Initiative.
- China-built road facilitates transportation in Kyrgyzstan 2019-06-17
- Belt and Road nations hailed as key outlets for Chinese pro... 2019-06-13
- Silk Road Fund and SIBUR sign agreement on furtherance of c... 2019-06-12
- Charting the course of ‘Belt and Road’ cooperation togeth... 2019-06-10
- 2nd CIIE to see over 1,000 new companies 2019-06-06