China on Monday denied that it has dropped the Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar (BCIM) economic corridor. Chinese foreign ministry spokesman, Geng Shuang said at a daily news briefing that "the BCIM has not been abandoned. It is very much on board."
When asked about if the BCIM is still on board as the corridor was not figured in the list of corridors that have been mentioned by the second BRF. Geng Shuang said that he has not heard of anything about China dropping the BCIM Economic Corridor.
He mentioned that the 13th meeting of BCIM forum to discuss the progress is being held on the sidelines of China, South Asia Business Forum currently being held in Yunnan province.
Discussions and cooperation are still going on to build the BCIM corridor, He added.
- China refutes Pompeo's accusations against BRI 2019-06-28
- China denies abandoning BCIM corridor 2019-06-12
- China rejects accusations of hegemony against Belt and Road... 2018-12-18
- FM welcomes US-led Pacific investment 2018-08-01
- Belt and Road projects bring countries development, not bur... 2018-06-08
- Chinese companies sign initial deals with Iraq to develop 3... 2018-06-05