The National Development and Reform Commission has signed an arrangement with the Hong Kong SAR government to support Hong Kong’s participation in the Belt and Road construction, covering finance and investment, infrastructure and shipping services, economic and trade, people-to-people bond, construction of the Greater Bay Area as well as cooperation and dispute settlement.
Both mainland and B&R enterprises are encouraged to set up regional headquarters in Hong Kong as required, using it as a frontier platform for entering relevant countries and regions.
Investment and financing parties, as well as project operators, are encouraged to use Hong Kong as a platform, to provide funds and diversified financing channels for the Belt and Road Initiative, including public fundraising, syndicated loans, private equity funds and bonds financing.
Qualified Chinese-funded institutions are supported to issue debts and raise funds for B&R-related green projects in Hong Kong, according to the arrangement.
The arrangement also aims to improve RMB cross-border two-way flow between the mainland and Hong Kong and encourage use of the Cross-border Interbank Payment System.
- China, Singapore sign 118 projects on strategic connectivit... 2018-10-09
- Chongqing making fast tracks to Europe 2018-07-31
- AIIB Welcomes HK Contribution of USD10 Million to Help Low-... 2018-07-26
- Europe-bound freight trains from Chongqing exceed 2,000 2018-06-29
- Hong Kong to hold 3rd Belt and Road forum 2018-06-26