The National Development and Reform Commission has signed an arrangement with the Hong Kong SAR government to support Hong Kong’s participation in the Belt and Road construction, covering finance and investment, infrastructure and shipping services, economic and trade, people-to-people bond, construction of the Greater Bay Area as well as cooperation and dispute settlement.
Both mainland and B&R enterprises are encouraged to set up regional headquarters in Hong Kong as required, using it as a frontier platform for entering relevant countries and regions.
Investment and financing parties, as well as project operators, are encouraged to use Hong Kong as a platform, to provide funds and diversified financing channels for the Belt and Road Initiative, including public fundraising, syndicated loans, private equity funds and bonds financing.
Qualified Chinese-funded institutions are supported to issue debts and raise funds for B&R-related green projects in Hong Kong, according to the arrangement.
The arrangement also aims to improve RMB cross-border two-way flow between the mainland and Hong Kong and encourage use of the Cross-border Interbank Payment System.
- New progress in pursuit of Belt and Road Initiative 2019-03-20
- Freight train departs Chongqing for ASEAN countries 2019-03-13
- B&R International Skills Competition to be held in May 2019-03-01
- China's HK, mainland discuss risk management on projects un... 2019-02-26
- Chongqing sees rising foreign trade in January 2019-02-22